2023 In-Training Fall Beginners 5K Program
Atlanta Track Club's 2023 In-Training Fall Beginners 5K Program is designed for beginner athletes with the goal of participating in and finishing their first 5K road race, the 2023 Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day 5K! The program is intended for both beginner runners and walkers and combines structured workouts while training at home or as a group at Atlanta Track Club headquarters.
The 2023 In-Training Fall Beginners 5K Program features:
- In-person and virtual/remote training options
- In-Training Certified Coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Online learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking subject matter experts followed by Q&A
- In-person, midweek workouts at five different location throughout the metro Atlanta area
- In-person, Saturday workouts at Atlanta Track Club headquarters
- Training grounded in science and experience guided by Atlanta Track Club's coaching philosophy
- Daily email/text reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platform to build community and camaraderie
This training program is for beginners aiming to complete their first 5K. While participants do not have to be consistently exercising prior to the program, all participants must be cleared by a medical professional that they are healthy enough to train.
1. We encourage you to make sure you have a current 2023 Atlanta Track Club Membership before you register for this training program or other Atlanta Track Club event to ensure you receive the lowest price for the program or event.
2. This In-Training program does not include entry into the 2023 Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day 5K. Register for the race here.
3. This In-Training program includes an optional field trip to the 2023 PNC Atlanta 5K on Sunday, October 22. If you plan to participate in the 5K race, you must register for the race. Register for the race here. There will be no in-person practice at Atlanta Track Club headquarters on Saturday, October 21.
In some cases, the program may be shortened for late registrants. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in training with Atlanta Track Club but need to reduce the length of the program.
- 5K (3.1 miles)
- $65.00 - In-person athlete
$55.00 - Virtual/remote athlete
Orientation - online at 7:00 p.m.
In-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday workouts begin
No in-person practice
Optional field trip, PNC Atlanta 5K
Field trip - Course Preview, Summerhill
Saturday Workout Location:
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 - 7:45 a.m.
Saturday locations may rotate throughout the city to provide a variety of settings for long runs
Wednesday Midweek Workout Locations:
In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Agnes Scott College Track, South McDonough Street, Decatur, GA 30030 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, 741 Connally Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 - 6:15 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School Track, 4664 North Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30338 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Dockside (or Active Oval), Atlanta, GA 30309 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Riverside Park, 575 Riverside Road, Roswell, GA 30075 - 6:15 a.m.
Locations subject to change based on demand and participation.
In-person athlete - $65.00
Virtual/remote athlete - $55.00
NEW IN-TRAINING REFUND POLICY
In-Training registration is non-refundable unless you purchase Refundable Protection when you register for In-Training. If purchased and you're unable to start the training program for one of the covered reasons, Refundable Protection enables you to receive a 100% refund of your registration fee (minus processing fees and donations) within 10 business days of submitting a claim. Please read and learn what specific events are covered by Refundable Protection here.
Note: Refundable Protection is only applicable if the qualifying event (illness, injury, etc.) occurs before the first day of training. If the qualifying event happens on or after the first day of training, the athlete is not eligible for a refund. The first day of training is the Training begins date under Program Schedule above; not the first in-person practice.
- This training program does not include entry into the PNC Atlanta 5K or the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day 5K.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will provide an overview of the program, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Sunday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Bob Wells, Manager & Coach - In-Training, Atlanta Track Club
In-Training Certified Coaches and Run Leads
Eric Heintz, Director - High Performance, Atlanta Track Club
Become a member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!